The AMPHL Board and the AMPHL Conference Committee at RIT/NTID are proud to announce a travel scholarship for students to attend the 2017 AMPHL Conference in Rochester, New York.
The first AMPHL Conference Scholarship was established in 2015 by several AMPHL members to give back to our community. We were able to sponsor 4 students to attend our 2015 conference in Ann Arbor. We are pleased to expand the program this year.
- Must be a current student or a student enrolled in a health care program with a start date by September 30, 2017.
- Must submit proof of registration or enrollment in a health care program.
- Please answer the questions in the application below in a Word document.
- Applications are due by March 24th. Please send all requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship winners will be notified in the beginning of April. The travel stipend will be distributed at the conference. The AMPHL Board is looking forward to meeting you at the conference! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
The student rate for the conference is $50. Registration and more information can be found at the conference website: AMPHL Conference Registration
AMPHL Scholarship Application Questions:
- Where do you live? What school do you attend and where?
- What is your current and/or future health professional area?
- What do you expect to gain from attending the 2017 AMPHL Conference? Have you attended an AMPHL conference before? If so, which conference(s)?
- Besides financial assistance, what kind of help would you like from AMPHL? Are you involved in or do you know of any organizations with goals similar to AMPHL’s?
- Please share any struggles you’ve faced as an individual with hearing loss in your health profession/training. What did you do to solve problems that you faced? What helped you to succeed? What would you have done differently? (Please limit your answer to this question to one page maximum. We will keep your information confidential.)
- Do you see yourself contributing to AMPHL in the future? If so, how?
All applications are due by March 24th.